Thursday 28 March 2013

Summer, Outside a Window


Summer, outside a window.

It’s hard to express what I see
But it’s not impossible.
Someday, somehow, I will be
Able to utter, or mumble
The exact words, - exactly,
Without approaching the table
And deflowering the dictionary.

These smells, these sounds, these colours -
Each one should … must have been named
Using a word that one refers
To; or claimed
By long lost lovers
Who never remained,
Nor suffered, between meters and hours.

Some words don’t sound right
Some look strained.
Still some fit snug, - tight,
Upright, and enlightened
By a inner beauty too bright,
Too pure – yet, course grained.
Which bristles past my spine and dazes my sight.


I need to catch them and feel,
The sweet taste and smell
Of colours in shades unreal,
Trapped outside these rows of intimidating steel.




No comments:

Post a Comment