Sunday 9 August 2015

the masters of the universe and me.......

It was a bright summer morning and I was enjoying my mango shake and turning the nobs on our monochromatic Webel Nicco when I came across a distorted image of a man standing in front of what seemed to be a big grey blot and shouting at the top of his voice.In those days almost half the time of watching tv was spent in adjusting the nobs and antennae behind to get a good 'picture' and I was a master of that art....so I went on to blindly turning the different jacks and switches relying solely on my sense of touch and instinct, and after a few minutes of struggling I did what was needed to be done.....I hit the side of the speaker with a practiced blow ,not too hard not too soft,and the picture came into focus.....

A man of about Schwarzenegger's height weight and muscle count was pointing a big sword towards the sky and shouting, " I HAVE THE POWER"...

That was my first look of He-man...

1 comment:

  1. Though I was not that skilled in setting up the antennae,I definitely share that vicarious thrill and awe it evoked whenever I looked at my childhood heartthrob.

    ReplyDelete